Friday, August 12, 2011

Need help from someone with ancestery.com subscription?

My ggrandmother was named Samantha Jane Shipp b. 6/26/1839(according to her death certificate). I found in a 1850 Jasper County, IA census a Ezekiel Shipp with daughters Sarah, Samantha and son William all born in IN. We can't find any birth records. Now I find a Ezekiel Shipley with same daughters and son but it shows the children born in IA. I know many sites get their information given from people which may not be accurate. I also understand that census info is transcripted and may not be read correctly or have typos. I see a Ezekiel Shipley in a 1880 census in IN. Could someone see if they can find birth records for Samantha or even a marriage record. Her first married name was King and then she married Wm. B. Gibson in Decatur County, IA. Thanks in advance for your time in helping me.

No comments:

Post a Comment